- A happy meeting?
- We barely knew each other ten years ago. It was all "Hello." "Nice to see you." "Bye."
- Pretty normal.
- Made me depressed.
- That you didn't have anything more to say?
- No. That, as usual, I looked like a total schlep, while. . .
- Your old acquaintance looked intelligent and pulled together.
- Stunning. As if ten years of parenthood had only added wisdom to that already gorgeous person.
- I bet they have bad days.
- Never seen it.
- Did they publish a novel?
- No. [Another pause] Thank you. I needed that.
- You still look like a schlep, you know.