1. Welcomed the New Year ice skating on a pond in the Adirondacks, under the full moon.
2. Participated in the opening ceremonies for the 1976 Olympic Games in Montreal.
3. Went to elementary school in an area under martial law, in North America.
4. Left a fedora on a cross-country train in Montana, and found it again (with some help from awesome train folks) three days later when boarding another train to North Dakota.
5. Had to replace a birth certificate that expired.
6. Got 19 (out of 20) on the Math section of the Baccalauréat.
7. Found a friend at a peace march in NYC, among 500,000 people, without a prior plan or a cell phone.
8. Heard Max Roach perform a set solo at Yale. (Also have an autographed cover of one his albums.)
9. Ate an entire batch of cookie dough with a friend during a hurricane.
10. Became separated from my family at Expo ‘67, and when found again, was holding two ice cream cones—one vanilla, one chocolate.